Delta Chi is a values-based fraternity. Our values are shaped and molded through standards Set by our founders. These are taught to us as Associate members through the Preamble and 11 Expectations.
“We, the members of The Delta Chi Fraternity, believing that great advantages are to be derived from a brotherhood of college and university men, appreciating that close association may promote friendship, develop character, advance justice, and assist in the acquisition of a sound education, do ordain and establish this Constitution.”
Eleven Basic Expectations of a Delta Chi
Delta Chi’s are held to standards known as the Ten Basic Expectations. Members are held accountable both by themselves and fellow members.
1) I will strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
2) I will respect the dignity and worth of all persons. I will not physically, mentally, psychologically or sexually abuse or haze any human being.
3) I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
4) I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor tolerate the abuse of property.
5) I will meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
6) I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs; I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of alcohol.
7) I will acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore, I will do all in my power to see that the chapter property is safe, properly cleaned and maintained.
8) I will know and understand the ideals expressed in my fraternity Ritual and will incorporate them into my daily life.
9) I will exercise compassion and understanding in dealing with all persons.
10) I will sustain my commitment to, and involvement with, our fraternity throughout my lifetime.
11) I will challenge all my fraternity members to abide by these fraternity obligations and will confront those who violate them.
Hazing? Not at Delta Chi
Delta Chi is strongly opposed to any practices that are or may appear to be hazing. The experience of Delta Chi associate members should be one of education, challenge, personal development, and excitement. Hazing in any form contradicts these goals and is a direct violation of the principles we were established to protect. In fact, Delta Chi was the first national fraternity to abolish all forms of hazing back in 1929.